The Foundation for Women’s Cancer (FWC) is proud to present a comprehensive set of free educational courses designed to support patients and caregivers that answers the question, “What do I need to know?” for a cancer journey. From the basics of “what is cancer?” to understanding treatments, clinical trials and how genetics play a role, to lifestyle discussions on sexual health and nutrition, these courses meet you where you are to answer the questions you might have.
Each of the courses below include a video recording from a live webinar and often include items such as a PDF of the slides or list of additional resources.
FWC Cancer Education Courses:
Serving as medical advisors for these courses were Lisa Barroilhet, MD, Dolores A. Buchler, MD, Faculty Fellow in Gynecologic Oncology and an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and Rebecca Arend, MD, MSPH, Assistant Professor and an Associate Scientist at the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center Experimental Therapeutics Program, University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Uniquely You: Eating Well. Living Well.
- Uniquely You: Embracing Sex and Intimacy After Cancer
- Uniquely You: Your Genetics, Your Story
FWC/Mayo Clinic Webinar Series:
- Mayo Survivor Course: Advanced Care Planning and Cancer Legal Care
- Mayo Survivor Course: Building and Strengthening Resilience During Cancer Treatment
- Mayo Survivor Course: Clinical Trials, Immunotherapy, and Advocating for Yourself as a Patient
- Mayo Survivor Course: Genetics and PARP inhibitors
Additional FWC Webinars:
- Shared Decision Making in Ovarian Cancer
- #SetGoMove: Survivors Exercise Together: The Benefits of Movement During COVID-19
- 2021 Annual Meeting Scientific Debrief: What Patients Should Know
For more information about the Foundation for Women's Cancer, please visit https://www.foundationforwomenscancer.org/.