The Foundation for Women’s Cancer (FWC) is proud to present a comprehensive set of free educational courses designed to support patients and caregivers that answers the question, “What do I need to know?” for a cancer journey. From the basics of “what is cancer?” to understanding treatments, clinical trials and how genetics play a role, to lifestyle discussions on sexual health and nutrition, these courses meet you where you are to answer the questions you might have.
Each of the courses below include a video recording from a live webinar and often include items such as a PDF of the slides or list of additional resources.
FWC Cancer Education Courses:
Serving as medical advisors for these courses were Lisa Barroilhet, MD, Dolores A. Buchler, MD, Faculty Fellow in Gynecologic Oncology and an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and Rebecca Arend, MD, MSPH, Assistant Professor and an Associate Scientist at the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center Experimental Therapeutics Program, University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Understanding the Basics: What is Cancer?
- Uniquely You: Eating Well. Living Well.
- Uniquely You: Embracing Sex and Intimacy After Cancer
- Uniquely You: Your Genetics, Your Story
- Uniquely You: Making Sense of Treatment Options (Part 1)
- Uniquely You: Making Sense of Treatment Options (Part 2)
- Uniquely You: Your Unique Story- Seasons of Survivorship
- Your Unique Story: Addressing Financial Challenges While Living as a Gynecologic Cancer Survivor
- Your Unique Story: All About Wellbeing- Balancing Your Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Your Unique Story: Living with the New
- Your Unique Story: What Do Survivors Experience During Surveillance?
Additional FWC Webinars:
- 2022 Annual Meeting Scientific Debrief: What Patients Should Know
- Shared Decision Making in Ovarian Cancer
- #SetGoMove: Survivors Exercise Together: The Benefits of Movement During COVID-19
- 2021 Annual Meeting Scientific Debrief: What Patients Should Know
For more information about the Foundation for Women's Cancer, please visit https://www.foundationforwomenscancer.org/.