SGO Taskforce for Board Certification Support: ICU and Perioperative Resources - Preparing for the ABOG Oral Exam (Pt. 3)
Listen to Tracilyn Hall, MD, co-chair of the SGO Taskforce for Board Certification Support, interview Gillian Hsieh, MD and Lavanya H. Palavalli Parsons, MD, discuss the best resources for ICU and Perioperative Considerations when preparing for the ABOG oral board exam. Overall, the taskforce offers six informative podcasts focused on high yield topics and best preparation practices.
This podcast episode mentions: important resources regarding your anatomy textbooks and case list to see what co-morbidities your patients have, visiting the SGO ConnectEd website for perioperative care topics, knowing what technology and protocol you have at your institution as well as published data, studying bowel injuries, and tumor board discussions to guide interventions, and more.
ABOG and SGO Collaboration
During the SGO 2023 Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer in Tampa, FL, a representative from The American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (ABOG) will join the SGO Taskforce for Board Certification Support to discuss logistics of the certifying exam as well as the assessment and scoring process. Keep an eye for this session opportunity when registering for the upcoming SGO 2023 Annual Meeting and be sure to sign up if interested in participating. We will also have three roundtable discussions where participants will meet in small groups with a taskforce facilitator to discuss hypothetical cases and have an opportunity to discuss some of their own cases.
- Click here to access SGO ConnectEd to review additional resources on ICU and Perioperative Considerations.
- Listen to Key Concepts of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery. ERAS–Why Do We Do It?
- There are quick one-page SGO ConnectEd chemo flash cards that are high yield when it comes to toxicities.
- Read “Principles and Practice of Gynecologic Oncology” and “Gynecologic Oncology Handbook,” which provides some good quick sections on ICU topics.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is another organization that has great guidelines that can easily be accessed here.
This episode was recorded in January 2023; special thanks to Drs. Hsieh and Parsons for your contributions to it.
Keywords: certification taskforce, perioperative care resources, perioperative considerations, board certification resources, study group resources for board exam, board certification support, case list preparation, ICU, perioperative care, ABOG, ABOG Oral Board Certification, ABOG Board Exam, tumor board discussions, bowel injuries, toxicities.
Tracilyn Hall, MD
Gillian Hsieh, MD
Lavanya H Palavalli Parsons, MD