Ovarian Cancer Education Module
This resource is only available to SGO members.
Created by the SGO Advanced Practice Provider Committee with physician support, this resource was designed as an introductory educational tool with an overview of ovarian cancer and is intended for advanced practice providers and allied health professionals who are new to caring for women with gynecologic malignancies. New APPs need a convenient way to access an overview of ovarian cancer that includes information regarding diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing management. In addition, experienced APPs can benefit from using it as a reference for brief updates.
This resource is a downloadable PDF, and is not currently eligible for CE credit.
Launched in June 2022.
Keywords: Ovary, Ovarian, Professional Development, Advanced Practice Provider
APPs, APPs, Nurses, PAs, RNs, NPs, Pharmacists, Trainee Members
- Understand the epidemiology, risk factors and work-up associated with ovarian/fallopian/peritoneal cancers
- Become familiar with ovarian/fallopian tube/peritoneal cancer staging
- Understand the pathology associated with ovarian, fallopian tube & primary peritoneal cancers
- Identify treatment options including maintenance therapies for ovarian/fallopian tube/peritoneal cancers
- Describe the role of genetics as it relates to ovarian/fallopian/peritoneal cancers
- Determine surveillance strategies for ovarian/fallopian/peritoneal cancer patients