Welcoming Spaces: Treating Your LGBTQ+ Patients
Welcoming Spaces: Treating Your LGBTQ+ Patients is our free LGBTQ+ Cultural Humility training designed for anyone who works in health care and specifically for clinicians treating gynecologic cancer in transgender and gender non-conforming patients and their staffs. Developed in collaboration with the National LGBTQ Cancer Network, there are eight modules*—a mix of self-study and webinar.
- Session 1: Terminology and Pronouns
- Session 2: Root Causes of Health Disparities
- Session 3: Barriers to Care
- Session 4: Creating a Welcoming Environment
- Session 5: Overcoming Barriers and Data Collection
- Session 6: Considerations and Risks for Gynecologic and Breast/Chest Cancers in Transgender Patients
- Session 7: Considerations During and After Gynecologic Cancer Care for Transgender Patients
- Session 8: Hormone Considerations in Transgender Patients with Gynecologic Cancer
*Modules will be released regularly, with the first one becoming available in late March.
This course is generously supported by independent education grants from AstraZeneca, BMS, GSK, Merck, and Seagen.
Health Care Providers, Physicians, Trainees, APPs, Fellows, Residents, Pharmacists, Nurses, Office Staff
Learning objectives are listed within each module.